Last Friday Luke had a lower GI test to see if he had an obstruction in his stoma or colon. The radiologist was able to put a catheter in his stoma, something they couldn't do the day before. The test looked good no obstruction was found. Stool started coming out of his stoma and rectum. The next few days they watched him closely. His stomach keep getting softer. The out put from his G Tube decreased. All good signs, he did not show any signs of an obstruction. Doctors feel because of his bowel problems he had an ileus. An Ileus is a disruption of the normal propulsive gastrointestinal motor activity from non-mechanical mechanisms. Motility disorders that result from structural abnormalities are termed mechanical bowel obstruction. Which also caused 3 serious blood infections. Also on Friday morning Lukie's nurse informed us that the Surgery team wanted to come and pull out his broviac. Mike and I got a little upset. His central line is his life line. It is VERY vital to him. There is only a number of places you can put a central line, and each one is very "fragile". So the nurse called the GI team and they were upset too. There is no reason to pull his line especially if we did not know if he would need surgery. So luckily we talked them out of pulling the line with saved them 2 trips to the OR, one to pull it out, and 3 days later put a new in. This morning at the hospital the plans were to take an x-ray to see if there was any contrast left from the last GI test Luke had done. And if things are cleaned out enough to do an upper GI test to double check if there is an obstruction in his small bowel. But when the team came around they asked if it was okay if they did not do the test. They felt there would not be an obstruction. Of course we said that would be fine! Then they asked how I felt about working for feeding with him at home. I have done this several times and feel more than fine. So they asked if we wanted to go home, heck ya! So after Lukie pulled his NJ tube out and we replaced it in radiology we were discharged!!!! We will have a GI appointment Monday and 10 more days of 2 IV antibiotics, which are a pain but better than 5 he started out with. I know are prayers were answered this week. Thanks for the love support and prayers!
Easter Egg Hunt Saturday Issac, Kaleb, Alex & Jayden
What a cute family you guys have. I am so glad to hear that Luke is out of the hospital and doing better. Tell him to keep getting better. No more hospital stays! Good luck with everything and take care. Kristie
Hey Guys - Kim from Songs of Love. I was just checking in on you. Lucas and my hubby share the same birthday. I hope Lucas has a great day! Kim Songs of Love
What great news!!!...and what adorable pics!You guys are such amazing parents. I love that you know exactly how to stick up for what is best for little Lucas. It is so impressive how much you have learned. It's crazy the education we get in life sometimes without even signing up for it! Our love and prayers are always with you.
Sweet Darlin! I been thinking about you guys so much! Happy easter and I'm so thankful he was spared a little bit of pain without pulling his line! Way to stick up for him!
8 comments:
We're so glad he is Home!! yay!
Yay! Glad to hear some good news! Happy Easter.
such good news!!! you're all home & no surgery to get you there!!! best of luck with the feedings. more prayers headed your way:).
What a cute family you guys have. I am so glad to hear that Luke is out of the hospital and doing better. Tell him to keep getting better. No more hospital stays! Good luck with everything and take care.
Kristie
Hey Guys - Kim from Songs of Love. I was just checking in on you. Lucas and my hubby share the same birthday. I hope Lucas has a great day!
Kim
Songs of Love
Woo Hoo!! Good news!!! Glad he is home, now lets plan a great birthday party!!!!
What great news!!!...and what adorable pics!You guys are such amazing parents. I love that you know exactly how to stick up for what is best for little Lucas. It is so impressive how much you have learned. It's crazy the education we get in life sometimes without even signing up for it! Our love and prayers are always with you.
Sweet Darlin! I been thinking about you guys so much! Happy easter and I'm so thankful he was spared a little bit of pain without pulling his line! Way to stick up for him!
Post a Comment