The house is quiet, the kids are in bed, and Mike and I could not help but think back to where we were last year at this very minute (9:00). One year ago today our little 4 month old angel had a very serious infection called Necrotizing Entercolitis (NEC) and requiring an emergency surgery to remove 1 foot of dead bowel and save his life. The next few days were very critical but our little fighter pulled through! He still has a long road a head but we are thankful for every milestone he has. We would not have made it through with out all of the prayers, fasting, and love and support of our wonderful friends and family. We are very blessed to have such a wonderful support system. It was a LONG 4 months, Thank Very Much for all of your love and prayers I know they were answered.
Lucas ready to go to the OR, see how distended his poor tummy was.

Post Surgery, connected to almost everything imaginable. And our little 4 month old dropped down to 7 1/2 pounds.

Getting to know Dr.Myers we now understand how serious Lucas's condition was, she was very worried about our sweet heart. If you would like to read our posts from last year click on the links below.
Pre-Surgery Blog Post 9-17-2008Post Surgery Blog Post 9-18-2008
Lukie Today, Enjoying life.

Lukie we love every minute of your busy little life. Here is to many many more happy years together!
6 comments:
Your family is so blessed. Reading your past blogs, I realize what a miracle child you have and how truly blessed your family is. I have really enjoyed keeping tabs on your family through your blog.
This little guy is amazing!
Luv you guys! What a great little family!
I loved this post! It's so great to reflect on your journey with that special little guy and see all the blessings and miracles that have come. Love it!
Wishing you many, many, many more blessed days!!!
I am so glad that is a year behind you! Hopefully things will just continually get better from here!
Sooo sweet... it gives me tears! love you all!
Wow! What a little sweetie. It's amazing all he's been through in his little life, what a miracle for sure.
Post a Comment