Friday, November 13, 2009

18 Months!!!!!

Today our little Lukie turned 18 months! I would normally say he is growing up so fast, but he really isn't lol. Lukie now weights 16 1/2 pounds. Some of Lukie's favorite things to do is crawl everywhere and cruise around the coffee table. His favorite words are Please "eese", thank you, welcome "ahcome", and woof woof for doggy. Lukie LOVES to read books. He is always bringing me books and saying "eese". How can I say no? His favorite book is his night time sing to me book, when he needs comforting he hums "rock a bye" that means he wants to rock and read books. Lukie loves to ride in his dump truck and wear puppy slippers everyday. He likes everone to smell his little feet and say "pee eew".He is just so cute! He doesn't like food much, he will take a bite and than open his mouth and yell for me to take it out, but he loves Ranch.

As far as transplant list goes the Doctors have decided to wait until we have motility testing done before we put him on the list, so we still have time to work things out. But we do know he will need a transplant some time down the road. Pittsburgh highly recommends for us to start fundraising now for him. Transplant will cost approximately 1 Million $, plus the cost of relocating, loss of work ect. We also have a lot of expenses traveling and all of Lukie's other medical needs. If anyone has advice on fundraising please let us know, everything is so new to us and we don't know where to start. We are trying to start our photo studio but we really need clients! If you know anyone interested in pictures please let us know. All of the money we earn will go to Lucas's fund. Lukie is doing good now, we are enjoying the good times! Love you Lukie!

11 comments:

Alyse said...

What a cutie! I love the walker video!

scott and tara said...

Oh my goodness! He is so adorable! Love those pics. We need to get family pictures sometime, so let's chat. Happy 18 months Lukie :)

Books = Possibilities said...

He is really so cute!

One of my nieces has one of those walkers (she has cerebral palsy) and it is such a wonderful blessing!
http://thematthewsfam.blogspot.com/2009/05/favs-78365.html

Your little guy is doing so well with his walker! Keep posting those videos!

Kim said...

Oh that is so exciting for your little Luke!!! That walker will open a whole new world for him!!!
What is the prognosis with his walking...will he always need help? Will he eventually do it on his own???
I am sorry for the heartbreak that comes with having a little one with special needs...but all I can say is Elsie has made our lives so special...she makes everyday worth living. There is nothing more amazing than these little ones who's spirits are so giant! So I am so glad that you are blessed with your little Luke.
And I am glad you found my blog.

LoveTheMouse said...

e's so cute and he's walking....cute pictures.....

Jess said...

wowie wow, what a cutie! He's starting to look a lot like his brothers!!! I love his mow-hawk hair do! Thank you thank you for the darling video :)

Schroeder's in a NUT SHELL! said...

This is who is helping Clair and Benson in their fund raising...of course, anything friends want to get started helps as well...this is for a Benefit type thing...Children's Organ Transplant Association...Giving Hope..Making Miracles (COTA)they provide fund raising assistance to families facing life-saving transplants Address is 2501 West COTA drive--Bloomington, Indiana 47403 Phone 800-366-2682..Fax 812-336-8885..email cota@cota.org..web is www.cota.org
These people help make things happen, give suggestions etc. Also, contact the Skinners on their blog..they would be happy to give advise and help you along the way...their blog is givehopetobensonandclaire.blogspot.com...always good to talk to someone who is in somewhat the same situation as yourself....good luck...I will help with anything you need whenever you need it!!! Love you guys

Schroeder's in a NUT SHELL! said...

Ok...just talked to Staci about their fundraising...she said COTA actually sets you up with someone who will work with you during this whole process...that is good. Also, some of the "family & friend" types of successful fundraisers were 3 yard sells that did very well...and an online auction...that is working out to be really good...lots of different donated items that people bid on....these are a few of the successful types of things that can be done...of course, the yard sells are better in warm weather etc...just some more things to think about...

The Groves 5 said...

Okay...now we have seen THE most adorable thing ever! What a little sweetheart..Love ya!

The Johnson Family said...

Allison, I found your blog on Erin's. Luke is just adorable! What a challenge ahead of you, I hope that you are able to have success with all the fund raising. Keep us posted, we would love to contribute any way that we could. You guys are awesome, you're in our thoughts and prayers.

Cindy Darling said...

I LOVE that boy! when I was watching it i yelped "Ah! my sweet baby can walk!!!" and someone looked at me and said... "Since when do you have a baby??" I responded saying "about a year now :)" I LOVE luke! and I love you guys! from the very first day I met you!