Isaac and his little friend LaVonne decided they wanted to take a ride to Target to see all of the cool toys. I thought the kids were at LaVonne's house and LaVonne's mom (Lorna) thought that the kids were at our house. The older kids realized that Isaac and LaVonne were not around so they rode their skateboards around the neighborhood looking for them, while Lorna drove around trying to find them (I was still oblivious they were gone). The kids were found on Center Street (a very busy street especially for 2 little ones). LaVonne lost her balance on a scooter and fell off the curb and into traffic just as a cop slammed on his brakes trying not to hit her. The cop asked where they lived, phone numbers etc, which neither one knew. Isaac told the cop my named was Allison Dinsdale lol. Any way a neighbor saw the kids with the police officer and called Lorna. Then they brought Isaac home to me. The cop said if we didn't call the cops within an hour they would have to look into child neglect. After the cop left I asked Isaac what he was going to do a Target because he doesn't have money. He said they were just going to sneak some toys. Have I not teach my children anything!!! My kids are not allowed to walk to Target, and Isaac is not allowed to ride his bike across the street!! But somehow he always forgets:) Oh well I feel like a horrible mom. But the kids are safe, it could have ended a lot worse. And yes Isaac is grounded from his bike and video games for the rest of the summer.
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Adventures in Parenthood
Remember my last post with my cute little Isaac riding a 2 wheeler? Well he is not so cute any more. This is not what you want to see in front of your house when your child has just learned to ride a bike 3 days before..........
Isaac and his little friend LaVonne decided they wanted to take a ride to Target to see all of the cool toys. I thought the kids were at LaVonne's house and LaVonne's mom (Lorna) thought that the kids were at our house. The older kids realized that Isaac and LaVonne were not around so they rode their skateboards around the neighborhood looking for them, while Lorna drove around trying to find them (I was still oblivious they were gone). The kids were found on Center Street (a very busy street especially for 2 little ones). LaVonne lost her balance on a scooter and fell off the curb and into traffic just as a cop slammed on his brakes trying not to hit her. The cop asked where they lived, phone numbers etc, which neither one knew. Isaac told the cop my named was Allison Dinsdale lol. Any way a neighbor saw the kids with the police officer and called Lorna. Then they brought Isaac home to me. The cop said if we didn't call the cops within an hour they would have to look into child neglect. After the cop left I asked Isaac what he was going to do a Target because he doesn't have money. He said they were just going to sneak some toys. Have I not teach my children anything!!! My kids are not allowed to walk to Target, and Isaac is not allowed to ride his bike across the street!! But somehow he always forgets:) Oh well I feel like a horrible mom. But the kids are safe, it could have ended a lot worse. And yes Isaac is grounded from his bike and video games for the rest of the summer.
Isaac and his little friend LaVonne decided they wanted to take a ride to Target to see all of the cool toys. I thought the kids were at LaVonne's house and LaVonne's mom (Lorna) thought that the kids were at our house. The older kids realized that Isaac and LaVonne were not around so they rode their skateboards around the neighborhood looking for them, while Lorna drove around trying to find them (I was still oblivious they were gone). The kids were found on Center Street (a very busy street especially for 2 little ones). LaVonne lost her balance on a scooter and fell off the curb and into traffic just as a cop slammed on his brakes trying not to hit her. The cop asked where they lived, phone numbers etc, which neither one knew. Isaac told the cop my named was Allison Dinsdale lol. Any way a neighbor saw the kids with the police officer and called Lorna. Then they brought Isaac home to me. The cop said if we didn't call the cops within an hour they would have to look into child neglect. After the cop left I asked Isaac what he was going to do a Target because he doesn't have money. He said they were just going to sneak some toys. Have I not teach my children anything!!! My kids are not allowed to walk to Target, and Isaac is not allowed to ride his bike across the street!! But somehow he always forgets:) Oh well I feel like a horrible mom. But the kids are safe, it could have ended a lot worse. And yes Isaac is grounded from his bike and video games for the rest of the summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh my goodness! This is so scary!
Holy Cow!!!! What kids won't think of....I'm glad everything turned out good...this will be something you will soon laugh at..it makes for funny memories to talk about at family reunions! LOL Ya got 4 boys, you're bound to have some interesting experiences as a parent....good luck with the grounding thing...I hated to ground my kids 'cause it was such a pain..but what do ya do...LOL
Oh Allison!!! What were those crazy kiddos thinking?!?!? I'm glad everyone is okay.
You are far from a horrible parent first of all! Yes, this will be a funny story someday for all of you! A memory was created and hopefully a lesson to little Isaac! I told DJ about it last night when he wasn't doing what I asked (I exaggerated a whole lot though). It worked. He listened to me and went straight to bed! Love you guys!
Sorry, I'm totally LOL (only because it turned out OK). Kinda reminds me of our walking to Reams adventure many years ago!
Lorna Glasgow Hansmann This ended up being really long. It is mostly for Allison...and whoever else cares =cP
LaVonne told me that they didn't ride in the cop car *shrug* I am the one that brought them home from Target. I was told that they parked their "vehicles" (bike and scooter) and went in and looked at cool toys (she didn't mention stealing them....hmmmm), then she had to go to the bathroom. She didn't know where the bathroom was but Isaac did and, to his credit, walked her there and waited for her outside the bathroom (I don't let my kids use public bathrooms by themselves, there could be some weirdo in there). When they were done they got their "vehicles" and rode to Wendy's but didn't go inside. They then decided that they wanted to go to the gas station to look at all the goodies. They were at center debating whether or not to cross the street when she fell over and the cop saw her.
Meanwhile, I know the fullmer boys are looking for Isaac. I told them that when they find him to send LaVonne home for me. She never came. So I sent Jacob. He didn't return so I stepped out and saw the Fullmer boys (minus Isaac) and Jacob using their magnifying glasses. I ask them where Isaac and LaVonne are, they say they weren't able to find them. I wasn't too happy, I was like, then come tell me that!!! So I hope in the car with Emme (chaffin's baby), Locke, and Alanna and we go looking. The boys told us where they had already looked so I by passed those. I decided to stop at Sarah Warren's house since LaVonne loves Max. She told me that she saw LaVonne and a little boy on Orem Blvd. She thought it was kind of strange. Her kids weren't home so she hopped in her car and said she would look at Target. So I go down Orem blvd, get to 8th street and still haven't seen them. I turn around and head to target. I get there and Sarah is just coming out and tells me that the cop has them (she can't get them cause she isn't a parent) , I have kids in the car and don't want to take 2 babies in so she runs back in and tells the cop to come out with the kids. I pull up to the side parking lot and get out and there they are. I talk to the cop, and Isaac and LaVonne get in my car and we head to your house Allison. It was intense. I wouldn't have thought to look at Target, only because Sarah saw them did that occur to her and I. Yay for her help too. That would have been intense trying to look for them at Target with Locke and Emme. Whew. What got me too was I talked to LaVonne about it and at first she said "what? We were just looking at cool toys!" Didn't even realize why she was in trouble. Yeah, she is in big trouble. An adventure to write down that is for sure. Oh, and my mother in law said "wow, isn't she suppose to run away with boys when she is a teenager"
August 3, 2010 at 7:21pm
Allison Dinsdale Fullmer Thanks Lorna for more info:). Isaac's won't tell me much. Funny thing is I was at Target at the time and saw a cop car in the parking lot. But was in a hurry. Glad things worked out:). If the would have crosses center st Isaac would be grounded for life! My blog is my way of journaling and I have already made a post. Now the question is how am I going to keep Isaac entertained the rest of the summer with out a bike, friends and video games? Hmmmm
August 3, 2010 at 9:41pm
Lorna Glasgow Hansmann Apparently the cop that found them was actually heading to Target to help another cop with a situation so.....
LaVonne got today in her room, no friends or computer for the rest of the week, and when she is allowed friends she can't go unless I am able to walk her there. That last one particularly sucks for her because I usually let the kids go play with friends when I put Locke down for a nap. So if I am busy with that she will have to stay home while everyone else gets to go. Today, she'll have it a little easy though since I am babysitting again and we take the girl on a walk. Can't leave her home alone so she'll come along for that.
Liz, you can laugh. It is actually funny NOW. At the time I was worried sick. And Allison, sorry I didn't go and tell you I went looking for them. I thought your boys would have come home and told you they couldn't find them. I should have known better since Jacob didn't come and tell me.
On a side note my friend just posted an article about letting kids have more freedom and independence without having people judge the parents for it. Well, they certainly had an independent adventure, I'll be it, this is not quite what the lady probably had in mind in her article.
August 4, 2010 at 7:40am
Post a Comment