July 10th was my birthday and also Mike and I's anniversary. We decided this year to start celebrating the 2 celebrations separately so we can take advantage of our "date nights".
We went out to eat a week before my birthday to celebrate our anniversary. We trained Mike's dad to hook Lukie up to TPN. This was a huge step for us! But we felt like it was time to let someone else learn some of Lukie's care. He is a RN so we felt like he was confident and he did a great job:) It is hard for us to evolve our lives around Lukie's hook up time.
Confession time! I wasn't going to blog about this but Mike said I should. Okay for those of you that know me it is no secret that I have gained a ton of weight since I have had Lukie. First the C-section, then having a chronically sick child, lots of hospitalizations and lots of stress. I admit I became a CHOCOHOLIC! I realized something needed to be done:( I put my mind to it in the middle of March and came up with my own exercise and diet plan. I reached my goal weight just in time for my birthday! I won't say how much I weighed, but I am happy to say I have lost 38 pounds:) I went from a size 8-10 to a size 2. Here is a pic of me now in my old "fat" jeans.

My very yummy chocolate birthday cake.
Okay I lapsed:(

Mike and I at Texas Road House

2 comments:
i'm so glad you guys were able to have TWO date nights!:) and allison, you look incredible! one hot mama!:) i understand the eating & chocoholic thing:) i too have to remember the limit to my addiction;).
Congratulations! Way to have self-control!
Post a Comment