Thursday, August 2, 2012

Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Icare Appointment

A couple of weeks ago we took Lukie for a check up at Pittsburgh Children's hospital.  The appointment went well.  The doctors were happy Luke has done so well.  They would just like Luke to eat more and gain some weight.   They are going to leave him on status 2 for transplant, which is good news! We have also been worried about his ferretin levels.  This week his ferretin was 20,000! (Normal is between 60-150).  We will probably be seeing a hematologist about this issue soon.  We also enjoyed spending time with the Nobbs family for a few days.  It was a fun busy week:)
Lukie ready to go a plane ride...
Face Time with the boys!  Lukie really didn't want to leave his boys at home, but was happy to play with his cousins.
Waiting for Intestinal Care Appointment.
One day we went to Soergel Farms until we got rained out.
 
 
 
This is the Passport that Lukie got from Give Kids the World.  We used this passport to go to Lagoon earlier this summer.  We also used it to go to a couple of amusement parks while in Pittsburgh.
The first park was Idlewild.  This was a really cute fun, small, family amusement park.  It was perfect for Lukie.
 
Mike and Liam really became buddies and liked to ride the scary rides together.
  
 
Lukie loves getting drinks out of any "wader fauder".
Mr Rodger's trolley that took us through the Land of Make Believe!
Mike and Liam had never had funnel cake before.  What a yummy dinner topped with icecream, strawberries and whip cream:) Mmmmmm
Lukie's first time meeting Princesses, he was a little embarrassed.
Lukie had an easier time climbing the ropes course than the adults did.
Second park was Kennywood
Poor Lukie HATED this little roller coaster.  He cried the whole time.  Then he even cried when he watched me ride it. 
A miniature version of the swings, so cute, Lukie loved it.
I think this is the little carousel I have ever seen:)
Another of Lukie's favorite rides.
Goofy cousins, John, Aidan, and Eliza
Melissa took Lukie to get an icecream one day.  She told him to lick off the drips, then he cried because he doesn't like to eat.
Giving himself an antibiotic and ready for TPN on the plane.
Home Sweet Home:)

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Hi Lukie
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. You are a brave warrior, inspirational champ, and a courageous, determined, Fighter. You are a smilen hero. Lukie are the happiest, spunkiest, full of life little boy. You are a cuddle bug, and a handsome prince. I love Buzz Lightier, Cars and Finding Nemo. I love singing too.

Isaac: I am a huge Hockey, and Football fan, and I am very crazy about those to sports. But I also like soccer and baseball. You are a real sports fan yourself. You must have a lot a talent to show if you want to be on america's got talent. Sounds like you are a funny, loveable boy.

Kaleb,
You must be a fantastic reader, and a fabulous soccer player, and wonderful lego builder. I love lego, it is so much fun. You are a sweetie, kind, and caring lil boy.

Jayden
You also must be really athletic. I love sports too. You must be awesome pro at the wii. I bet you a big helper with all you younger brothers, as you are the oldest. I bet you love all of them with all of your heart.


Lukie, Isaac, Kaleb, and Jayden, You are all special miracles, precious gifts from above and earthly angels.

I was born with a rare life threatening disease, 14 other medical conditions, and developmental delays.
http://www.miraclechamp.webs.com