I am convinced that Lukie and Mike have a pact to not let me have "my own holiday". Every year on my birthday/anniversary something happens to Lukie and we end up in the hospital. Last year I shared Mother's Day with Lukie's birthday, and the year before that Mike was sick in bed on Mother's Day. This year was no different. I heard Mike get out of bed at 3:00am looking around the kitchen for pain medication. I didn't think much about it because we have been working in the yard a lot the last 2 weeks getting our yard ready for sod. Mike had been having a pain in his side from what we thought was a strained muscle. Around 5:00am I heard a strange moaning sound that I thought was Elk outside our bedroom window. I soon discovered that it was Mike in the bathroom. He was laying on the bathroom floor in agony. The pain had gotten worse and was now also in his groin area too. I joked with him and said he was having sympathy pains for all of the Mother's in his life.
So I made my self breakfast in bed:)
Then I showered and got ready to take Mike to the ER. We dropped off the kids at Mike's parents on the way and headed to our fav holiday get-a-way UVRMC. When we arrived and asked for Mike's symptoms everyone made the comment "Have you ever had kidney stones"? After a UA, blood work and CT it was confirmed that YES Mike did have a dread and very painful kidney stone:( The stone is about 3mm and we were told he should be able to pass in fine on his own. They sent him home on pain pills, phenergan, and flo max to help pass the stone. It has been 8 days since our ER visit and Mike is still anxiously awaiting for the stone to pass. Poor Guy!
It was a Mother's Day I'm sure Mike will never forget!
No comments:
Post a Comment