Monday, September 16, 2013

Kindergarten Baby!

Really?!?  How can my baby be old enough to go to Kindergarten?  This is the day I have worried about the last 5 years.  This is such a milestone, one I wasn't sure he would be able to accomplish. I always worry about Lukie's safety and how others would treat him "being different".  The school district has been great to work with.  They have hired his own personal nurse.  She disconnects him from TPN, starts tube feeds, changes his ostomy bag, and keeps him safe on the playground.  They are working on hiring a new nurse, right now he just had a temporary RN. The only bad thing about having his own nurse is that he also thinks that she is also his "personal assistant" and wants her to do all of his work!  Lukie is pretty good at being the Boss. I will post pics of his nurse when see is finally able to go to school with him.
Lukie did great the first day of school.  He wasn't sad I left him at all:(  I was the one that may have shed a tear. Lukie loves school, he loves learning and playing with friends!!
This is a Buddy Bear I made to show and tell his class about Luke's special backpack, tubes and ostomy.  
Lukie likes his bear but wants to pull everything off of it.  He said "mom my friends already know that I am special."
 Hip Hip Hooray!!
They rolled out the red carpet for the famous Kindergartners! 
Happy to know they still do the Pledge of Allegiance every morning!
 Lukie and his best buddy Evie.  They are happy to be in the same class!
Luke and his teacher Mrs. Thomas

1 comment:

Jenni S said...

A red carpet!?!!! How cute is that?!