Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Quick Lukie update

Luke has been doing well. His fever is gone, and the cultures have stayed negative. The surgery team just came around. They said cultures only grow something half the time..... and will continue to treat Lucas like he has an infection. So we will be here for Christmas. We will try to make the most of it. Our social worker got a hotel for our family next to the hospital tonight.....and we have reserved a conference room for a Christmas family party. They are trying to make it the best they can for us. But to tell you the truth it is real quiet and depressing. They try to get as many kids home as they can for Christmas. On our unit they have discharged 13 kids today, I feel like we are the only ones left! I feel bad leaving Lukie alone on his first Christmas Eve, but I need to be with my other boys. I wish I could get a clone of me for Christmas so I could be 2 places at once! Luke has been having problems with his PICC line but the surgeon does not want to pull it unless she has to because it is so vital to him. She said when they do pull it the next one will be a broviac surgically placed in the chest. Lukie has been very sweet and smiling, so he must be feeling well. If all continues to go well we can go home as soon as Friday. We will then have "another Christmas" at home with all the boys.

2 comments:

GFMouse said...

so glad to read there have been improvements.

Schroeder's in a NUT SHELL! said...

Luv your guys, and we will see you tomorrow!!!