Wednesday, February 11, 2009

More cultures!!

You may have wondered what happened with Lukie's EEG results. They came back normal but his Doctor believes he may have more seizures when he is sick. Luke has been fussy the last few weeks and has not been sleeping hardly at all at night time. This is unusual for him. He is normally my best sleeper. His blood labs this week showed his white blood cells were slightly elevated and has had a low grade fever. We do not know if he has a common baby problem, but because of his central line we have to blood cultures to see if he has a line infection. I also requested urine test to eliminate any possibilities. Lucas started Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy and has been doing great. He has already made improvements. As far as eating goes things are still the same, moving very slowly. We have to watch closely that he doesn't get dehydrated. He has been fussy today, and hasn't sleep all day or night. I feel bad for him, I wish I knew how he felt so I could help him better. Hopefully he will feel better soon!

3 comments:

Marsha said...

I wish that you guys were closer to us. I would love to help out in any way that I can.

Schroeder's in a NUT SHELL! said...

Is Lukie eating anything by mouth..or is it all through the tube?..what kind of physical therapy is he getting? I'm glad he is progressing with that....I'm sure you feel totally helpless when you can't make him feel better and don't know what is making him so uncomfortable...is Mike still sick? RSV is going around up here...it must be that time...

Allison said...

No Lucas can't eat anything by mouth yet, his little body won't let him. Which make OT hard to work on. Mike is still sick. But RSV has been bad here too. Luckily Lukie is one of the few that gets the $1200 RSV shot every 4 weeks, so we should be safe.