Saturday, May 1, 2010

Lukies Little Wagon

It gets exhausting following a toddler and his back pack ALL DAY long everyday.  If you think it is hard to keep up with a regular toddler try doing it with a leash, unable to leave him for a split second.  If I leave him he can pull out his central line, sending us to Primary Children's ER for an all day trip. I can't get anything done, dishes, laundry, I can't even go to the bathroom with out being attached to Lukie.  I love him to death but it gets a little old following Lukie everywhere!  He is stubborn and has his own ideas of where he wants to go.  I'm part of a living with life on TPN support group and another mom came up with this awesome idea for her son to drag his back pack around.  We still have to stay close by, but can still have a little space.  We put a harness around Lukie and tie harness to a dolly that is used for planters.  We put his back pack on the dolly and Lukie can drag his back pack around.  The leash on the harness is shorter than his TPN tubing so the weight is being pulled by the harness and not the TPN tubing.  I love this idea!  Lukie was happy about it too:)

1 comment:

Allison said...

Allison Dinsdale Fullmer It gets very tough following Lukie with his back pack all day every day. Now Lukie's little wagon can help:)
May 1, 2010 at 11:52am

Krissly Carter LOL!
May 1, 2010 at 12:06pm

Amanda Palmer Carter LOVE IT thats awesome!!!!
May 1, 2010 at 12:25pm

Deanna Tracy Whaley great idea!
May 1, 2010 at 1:50pm

Emily Chidester Hoopes That is the happiest thing I have seen all day! I'm glad it makes him happy. Hope it gives you a rest, too. Following a backpack around all day is exhausting!
May 1, 2010 at 1:56pm

Lorna Glasgow Hansmann You did it! That is so fun! FREEDOM! Yay =c)
May 1, 2010 at 3:06pm

Cherina Stokes McFadden I'm glad you have a way to move the backpack around w/o having to follow him everywhere.
May 1, 2010 at 4:27pm

Rachel Gonzales Fullmer that's awesome!!!!!
May 1, 2010 at 8:38pm

McKenna Nobbs Hey did you guys get new floors?
July 14, 2010 at 9:46pm

Allison Dinsdale Fullmer nope same floor
July 14, 2010 at 10:25pm