Saturday, September 3, 2011

Ready Set Go!

I can't believe my baby is growing up! This week he started Special Ed Preschool at Orem Elementary School. I was hesitant to let him go because of his medical care, and he is my baby! The class is small with 4 kids (including Lukie) and 3 adults. I decided it would be good for both of us if he had the social interaction. The Preschool is only a few blocks away from our house and the teacher is related to one of our good friends. I went to the school and taught the teacher how to change his ostomy and some of his emergency care. I was afraid Lukie would be to shy to start school but he did great! When it was time for me to leave to acted like he may cry but he was brave and had a great time. The next day he even wanted to go on the Bus alone! He goes to school Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00-12:00, which means I get some alone time Yay! He loves school and said his teacher is nice, the teacher said Lukie is very happy is class:) He was even sad when he didn't have school on Thursday!
Lukie and his teacher Miss Tiffany
He's too tiny to go to school!
Instead of notebooks and crayons Lukie's back pack is full of diapers, ostomy bags, and emergency kits!
Lukie having enough of pictures, ready to go to school!
Lukie even picked out his clothes himself and did not want to wear what I picked out for him lol
A little worried about the big bus ride

1 comment:

Books = Possibilities said...

I love the last picture, with him contemplating getting off the bus! Brave little man!`