Wednesday, December 12, 2012

G-Tube fun!

In October Lukie's G-tube (feeding tube in his stomach) fell out.  This has happened a few times in past and I was able to easily replace it.  This time was different. When the tube fell out I immediately tried to replace the button but I was unable to place it in his stoma.  I tried and tried with no success.  So I called the doctors office, they attempted to place the tube for 4 hours with no luck:(.  Poor little Lukie tried so hard to be brave but he cried in pain for hours.  Changing out his g-tube is always the most dreaded chore because it causes little Luke such pain.  Finally the doctors office was able to place a smaller catheter in his stoma to pick the stoma open.  The next morning we visited the surgeon Dr. Downey and he was able to place a new smaller G-tube.  Our new ward members were amazing to us!  The Baird's were kind enough to bring us dinner that night and their little girl Evie made him a get well card.  The  Bishop's wife and Relief Society President both dropped off gifts for Lukie.  Hoping the G-tube lasts a long long time!

No comments: