I walked in Lucas room yesterday morning to find the nurse had brought in a bunch of toys in for him to play with. I said it looks like you have some new toys. She said he woke up at 4:00am happy as ever and ready to play for the day. So they found somethings to entertain him. He was so cute! The GI team also informed me yesterday that Lucas can be transferred to Utah Valley today. They have talked to UVRMC and agreed that because this is a long term stay, it will be


easier for our family to be closer to home. It's possible he will be at UVRMC until he has his next surgery in two months, which will be at PCMC. The team requested to have UVRMC's highest trained nurses to care for him. He will be assigned the same nurses daily so they will give him the best care possible and avoid rotating nurse that can cause confusion on how to care for him.
Lucas was so excited to hear this he laughed for the first time (see video clip). We will give information later for those who would like to come visit to keep us company!


easier for our family to be closer to home. It's possible he will be at UVRMC until he has his next surgery in two months, which will be at PCMC. The team requested to have UVRMC's highest trained nurses to care for him. He will be assigned the same nurses daily so they will give him the best care possible and avoid rotating nurse that can cause confusion on how to care for him.
Lucas was so excited to hear this he laughed for the first time (see video clip). We will give information later for those who would like to come visit to keep us company!
5 comments:
Oh you guys, that's so awesome that Lucas will be transferred closer to home! And that video is that cutest! Take Care!
he looks so good! I know it must be so hard to have to leave him but glad to hear he will be moving closer to your home. I love him in the yellow seat, he looks so happy and playful!
LOVE IT!! IT IS SO GOOD TO HEAR HIM LAUGH! HE IS SO CUTE! That is great he gets to come closer to home. Now we can all come visit him more.
that is such great news!
Oh, I am so happy for you and the kids....I know traveling up here everyday has been so hard on all of you.....it will make it better for him to also have his own nurses, who might I just say, will fall in love with him as we have done. Staci and I are coming up to see him tonight since you can't leave until tomorrow...we will make some visits to Provo, we just love that little guy!! Just make sure you keep us updated with this blogging, it is good to follow everything. Luv you guys
Post a Comment