Yes Lukie is back in the hospital. Monday he woke up from his nap with a fever of 104. I took him to Dr. Later who check his ears ect. and sent us to the hospital for blood cultures and blood work. His temp continued and we were admitted. The cultures have grown bacteria that most likely is they thought was EColi. We are hoping they will clear the infection with IV antibiotics from his brovic. The blood cultures yesterday still grew bacteria, and they are now thinking it is probably a "nastier" bug. The infection was probably caused from Lukie constantly scratching his broviac and removing the dressing. We are hoping we can be discharged by Saturday the 4th of July. Lukie likes to spend all of the fun holidays in the hospital (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, 10 year anniversary and my birthday). I am grateful for how kind and helpful the nurses and staff have been to us at Utah Valley but I can't wait to be back home!
Lukie playing Peek a Boo at UVRMC!
By the way our blog is no longer private. Several people had a hard time viewing it when it was private. So let others know who have been trying to view the blog.
Hey, I had so much visiting with you and meeting Lukie yesterday. You are an amazing mommy and I admire your strength and patience through all of this. I'm praying for this latest "nasty" bug to go away soon so you can get back home!
Bummer! I knew we shouldn't have been planning on a bbq. Happens every time! I am so sorry you are back. Let me know what is going on and how long you are there. If you are there on the 4th let me know and I will stop by and say hi.
3 comments:
Hey, I had so much visiting with you and meeting Lukie yesterday. You are an amazing mommy and I admire your strength and patience through all of this. I'm praying for this latest "nasty" bug to go away soon so you can get back home!
Lots of love to all of you!
Oh no! I am so sorry! Can't Lukie just let you enjoy one holiday at home nice and quiet?!?!? Please let me know if you need any help...
Bummer! I knew we shouldn't have been planning on a bbq. Happens every time! I am so sorry you are back. Let me know what is going on and how long you are there. If you are there on the 4th let me know and I will stop by and say hi.
Post a Comment