Lukie had an appointment with GI Clinic this week. His primary GI Doc had to go out of town so they scheduled us with a new GI Doc Dr. Pohl. To tell you the truth I was a little frustrated and didn't want to met a new Doc and go through his extensive medical history and have a Doc that has no idea what to do with Lukie. But we were very lucky! Dr. Pohl is new to Utah but worked 9 years in Texas and also work at Cincinnati's Children's hospital side by side with Dr. Carlo DiLorenzeo the Pseudo Obstruction Specialist in the world. he also mentioned having motility testing done out of state. He gave us some new insights and wants us to stay in contact with the transplant team from Pittsburgh Children's Hospital. Pittsburgh wanted to see us for a check up 3 to 6 months after our first evaluation last August. But I have been to nervous and do not want to face Lukie ever having a transplant. Even after transplant you deal with a total other chronic illness and will spend at least the first year in the hospital. But Dr. Pohl helped us understand why we need to stay in contact, basically Dr. Pohl is worried about nasty blood infections and possible liver failure. Dr. Pohl has seen several Pseudo Obstructions and has never seen anyone out grow them or get better so I guess this will be Lukie's life. But he also said we have done a great job with Lukie and he looks great. I don't know what the future hold for our little sweetie but I am blessed we have great Doctors that care for him and I am very excited to have a new Doctor work with him that actually knows about his chronic illness.



3 comments:
That doctor is right, you have done a great job with him. You are the best parents he could have! He looks so big and grown-up!
You are doing such a good job with all your boys!!! Lukie is adorable...it is so cute and see him making these milestones!!!
Allison you are so awesome! I
can't believe how gOod Lukie is doing!!!!! he's so so super cute! go family!!
Post a Comment