The week of Thanksgiving Luke came down with a cold, followed by more ear infections. Oral antibiotics were given and we were hoping we could start getting some sleep in our house. Sunday night Luke was up all night again and seemed to be in more pain. His fever increased and by morning he was lethargic. Monday morning Luke's nurse came to take blood for his TPN labs. She agreed he should be getting better, not worse. We took his temp, it was now 103.8, NOT GOOD! Luckily she had a culture bottle in the car so we were a step ahead of the doctors. I took Luke back to the doctor and they thought his ears looked fine. We are blessed to have good Dr's we can trust, and know little Lukie well. We were admitted to Utah Valley for a 24 hr observation which turned into a 4 day stay. Cultures never grew because of the oral antibiotic he was on for his ear infection. But by the other blood work they are pretty sure in was another central line infection. We were sent home Thursday with IV antibiotics. Lukie is feeling much better and we are happy to be back home in time to enjoy the Holidays!!



IV abx kicking in:) Starting to feel better!
Dr. Lucas Fullmer
8 comments:
Rachel Gonzales Fullmer What a smile. Looks like he's happy to be home.
December 2 at 1:12pm
Marsha Gillespie Now no more getting sick for him so we can go hang out on the 17th. I always think we are the bad luck for him because when we plan something he gets very sick. I am glad that he is home. How is everything?
December 2 at 2:36pm
Allison Dinsdale Fullmer Marsha the thing is we need to plan things far ahead. That way he can get sick and end up coming back home in time for us to go out. Looking forward to seeing you on the 17th:)
December 2 at 3:12pm
Mike Fullmer
Can't wait to see my buddy today — at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center with Allison Dinsdale Fullmer.
December 1 at 3:26pm via iPhone ·
Amanda Palmer Carter I sure hope he gets feeling better! He is such a trooper :)
December 1 at 3:36pm
Mike Fullmer He's feeling good and acting like a 2 year old. Lol If all looks good tomorrow he should come home.
December 1 at 4:02pm
Amanda Palmer Carter Great news!!!
December 1 at 4:03pm
Rachel Gonzales Fullmer Sounds good!!!!
December 1 at 6:01pm
Rachel Gonzales Fullmer He looks so cute. How is he?
November 30 at 7:08am
Mike Fullmer Lukie just loved FaceTime with his brothers!
November 29 at 8:02pm
Allison Dinsdale Fullmer Silly little guy feels yucky put has too show off for his big brothers:)
November 29 at 8:38pm
Mike Fullmer Lukie is very upset that he needs to have Oxygen:(
November 29 at 10:00pm
Mike Fullmer
Poor guy still spiking fevers. Hopefully we can figure out what is causing them. At least he has his mom and Buzz!
November 29 at 6:44pm via iPhone ·
Mike Fullmer How's lukie?
November 29 at 7:17pm
Andrea Pack Ahyou Give Lukie our loves, poor little guy :(
November 29 at 7:29pm
Brad Rowe So sorry if you need anything give me a call.
November 29 at 7:57pm
Lorna Glasgow Hansmann Oh, the little sweetheart! Hope he feels better soon!!!! Call me if you need anything!
November 29 at 8:57pm
Cari Smith Harward I would love to bring you dinner tomorrow (tues) let me know if you are interested. Hope lukie gets feeling better.
November 29 at 10:23pm
Susanne Casto Hodge Praying for little Luke. He too cute
November 30 at 4:03am
Allison Dinsdale Fullmer Thanks everyone. Lukie is feeling better today. Cari I'm sure mike would appreciate dinner. You are so sweet:)
November 30 at 9:38am
Mike Fullmer
What and day and it's not over yet... Lukie and allison are at the hospital waiting to see if he needs to be admitted. Delay on announcing the winners, Allison finds out at the hospital that she lost the hoopes contest that she really could of used (hard when it's a popular vote) Thanks for all the votes. Good job Krissly for winning!
November 29 at 3:32pm
Jessica Smith Holdaway aww Mike, crappy day! So sorry you guys are handling that disappointment and now Lukie at the hospital :( I will say some prayers, can I do anything else?
November 29 at 3:43pm
Mike Fullmer Will Lukie is being admitted:(
November 29 at 3:43pm
Krissly Carter Thanks! So sorry to Allison...
November 29 at 3:43pm
Mike Fullmer Jessica I wish you were working tonight? You could probably cheer her up.
November 29 at 3:50pm
Krissly Carter So it is more then ear infections?
November 29 at 3:51pm
Mike Fullmer His ears look better today, so worried why he's been so sick and get's hight fevers 103.8. Maybe a line infection, don't have blood results back yet.
November 29 at 3:53pm
Marsha Gillespie Sorry Lukie is being admitted. I hope he gets better soon. Give Allison a big hug for me!!
November 29 at 3:53pm
Jodee Reid Praying its not a line infection and absolutely not happy Allison did not win!
November 29 at 4:11pm
LuAnn Fullmer Schroeder What did Krissly win? The whole contest confused me....I was going to ask you about it....I would vote, then try again another day and it wouldn't allow me too....then I would try again, and again it wouldn't work...I tried hard, but couldn't get it to work....sorry Allison....keep us posted about Lucas..poor little guy, I don't think he was feeling good when you were at our house yesterday..shoot...glad you were able to come though
November 29 at 4:20pm
Rachel Gonzales Fullmer Sorry Allison I'd voted for you everyday I even thought that you have had a big chance of winning. Hope Lukie feels better fast.
November 29 at 5:16pm
Jessica Smith Holdaway I'm home tonight Mike but I'm scheduled tomorrow. Is there anything I can bring?
November 29 at 7:32pm
Jessica Smith Holdaway What does allison think? I don't even know why we draw cultures, she always knows by his cry if he's got a line infection :)
November 29 at 7:33pm
Allison Dinsdale Fullmer Jessica at first I thought it was just his ear infection/cold. But now I see the red circles around his eyes that I see when he is septic:(. Not acting like himself, but tries to perk up and show off for his big brothers. It will be good to see your smiling face tomorrow (if we are still here).
November 29 at 8:36pm
Mike Fullmer
Poor guy feels like crap with both ears drums perforated. He's been trying so hard to get his binki to fit in his ear:(
November 29 at 9:03am via iPhone ·
Allison Dinsdale Fullmer Thanks for that great shot of me!
November 29 at 9:05am
JoEllen Palmer I mean the picture not his pain.
November 29 at 9:57am
Marsha Gillespie I am so sorry he is not feeling well! Poor little guy!
November 29 at 9:59am
Rachel Gonzales Fullmer Poor Lukie. Are you taking him to the Dr. ?
November 29 at 10:16am
Mike Fullmer Probably, his home health nurse just took his temp and it's 103.8 and now we get to see if he has a line infection?
November 29 at 10:30am
Lorna Glasgow Hansmann =c(
November 29 at 6:06pm
Cherina Stokes McFadden We are praying all goes well.
November 30 at 1:00pm
Janene Kingsley My Lucie. Sending up prayers.
November 30 at 1:05pm
Emily Chidester Hoopes Hopefully the antibiotics for the ear infection will have slowed things down if it's a line infection. Sometimes those childhood illnesses are a blessing in disguise. Still, it sucks that he's sick and in the hospital. Hope you get answers and can get home soon.
November 30 at 1:09pm
Mandi Olson Riches Good luck hope every thing goes well. Come and see me tonight if you can get away it would be great to see you. We are having omelet night tonight in good old cafe west.
November 30 at 1:20pm
Rachel Gonzales Fullmer We will continue to pray for his quick recovery. Keep us posted.
November 30 at 1:26pm
Edie Lenington gotta love that boy. We pray for his quick recovery and for his parents
November 30 at 5:29pm
Jodee Reid Praying its not a line infection!
November 30 at 6:23pm
Margaret Talbot Erickson darn -- tell him to get over it before Christmas! Let's have a hospital-free holiday season! Love you guys!
December 1 at 7:15am
Heather Epperson ahh lukie! Loves sweet boy!
December 1 at 8:10am
Ashlee Cecil-Conterio Let me know if you need a babysitter after school..We love ya and send our prayers too.
December 1 at 10:16am
Post a Comment