Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lucas had a Electroencephalography (EEG) today

Electroencephalography (EEG) is the measurement of electrical activity produced by the brain as recorded from electrodes placed on the scalp.

This will show residual from his seizure on Tuesday. The blood work showed it was not from electrolytes so we still don't know what caused his seizure. A neurologist will follow up with us before Tuesday.

4 comments:

GFMouse said...

so sorry to hear about the seizure and now more testing. You know Tyler has seizures too only we didn't know that until he had an EEG at age 3. I did however suspect something before that but no one listened to me. Anyways I hope it isn't anything serious.

I came across this article today and just wanted to share it with you. I know it really doesn't have anything to do with Lucas since he is a boy but I want you to see that it can happen so don't give up HOPE>

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08360/937664-52.stm

Brian and Amelia said...

I'm so sorry, you guys. Poor little Lucas. Hopefully you guys can get some answers from the EEG, and that it's nothing serious. We continue to pray for you all. . .

Schroeder's in a NUT SHELL! said...

He even looks cute with all the electrodes on his head!! Go figure...we are hoping this gives you some answers...he doesn't need to deal with this in his life as well..let us know what you find out

Jess said...

ohhh, alli! It gives me tears that he had a seizure!!! But dang it if he doesn't look FREAKING adorable with all those leads on his head, LOL. Only Luc could look cute getting an EEG. Let us know what they say! And Jayden is so sweet! Happy B day kiddo!

I'm saying prayers for you guys ;)