Halloween was fun. Mike and I took turns going to the Halloween Parade at school to watch the kids. Jayden was a Ninja, Kaleb was Shrek, Isaac was Bob the Builder (Which was much too small, but you know Isaac!), and Lucas was a Pumpkin. I took the boys trick-or –treating and to a party at our neighbors’ house, while Mike stayed home with Lucas. The day was perfect!
HELP!!! Any advice for an independent 4 year old? Isaac has been struggling the last few months and seriously we do not know what to do. Today all I wanted was to get one nice family photo before Lucas goes to the hospital next week. Isaac refused to co-operate and laid on the floor, and said he was too tired. Every night Isaac keeps his older brothers up and is very rambunctious. Tonight Jayden came in crying because Isaac stood on his bed and peed all over him. Mike put him in time out and he threw up all over. Isaac doesn’t want to do anything we ask him to do; he always has his own ideas that conflict with our plans. All he wants to do is play video games, which I didn’t allow my kids to do until I had Lucas and they were passed around to babysitters. If he is not playing video games he throws a fit because he wants to go play Laser Tag, go to Disney Land, Chuck E Cheese; or anything else inconvenient for us. He is so spunky I don’t know what to do!
10 comments:
ummmm....gosh I'm not sure what to say but It'll get better and at least you guys are all together at home.
I think he's just struggling with it all....a lot of patience is key and I know you already know that....my heart breaks for him, this has got to be a hard thing, but I can't lie, I really love that picture of your family with his laying down and the look on Allison and Mike's faces!!! That is a priceless picture....talk about the memories!! I agree with Krissly, it will bet better...
haha...I love that family picture! Cute haircut Allison! Sorry I have no advice for a wild 4 year old boy, unfortunately I have a wild 5 year old boy who only makes funny faces whenever I try to take pictures -- you are definitely not alone on that one!
Allison!!! I am not sure what to say to you about Isaac. I remember the day that you and Mike would fight over who got to take care of Isaac because he was so good. HaHa!!!! Anyway, I LOVE the picture. The look on your face says it all. Love you guys!!!
Wow, I'm sorry I have no advice. I'm sure my boys will get there someday, too, and I will be asking YOU for advice!! But it is a priceless picture!! I love it!
Thanks for the offer on the baby boy clothes! Are you guys done? I hate to bother you at this time. If you have clothes you need/want to get off your hands, and have no one else to give them to, we'd love them of course. But I would feel bad taking them. And we don't need to worry about it, now. You have plenty on your plate. Lucas' surgery is coming up! We will definitely be praying/fasting for him and your family.
I actually love that picture too, it shows what real family life is like at times. I had to let you know that I found a book today called - Have a New Kid by Friday - by Dr. Kevin Leman. I saw it at a store today and had to buy it because we've been having some issues of our own with kiddies. He seems to have some great ideas to try out. We started today and I like it so far. Maybe they have it at your library even. There's a suggestion for you, hope you find something that will help.
Love the pics! THank you for your sweet comment! How are you surviving the home life? You know, i'm more than willing to learn how to help if you'll teach me! Wish I had something to help you wih bad behavior. Time outs, told what they're doing wrong, apologies, and ignoring behavior sometimes is what we do over here! GOod luck!
Hey there! I just wanted to let you know that we are going private, and wondered if I could get your email address, so we could invite you? Email me at brian.amelia@hotmail.com
I'm sorry that has to be hard. I don't have kids obviously but a piece of advice....this worked with a little brother. Just threaten him with giving him up for adoption. Worked on Rob :) Just kidding :)
Ya I think Kate tried to threaten that on me to. Doesn't have the same affect when I could beat her up.
If it makes you feel any better, I think your boyz are so cute.
Post a Comment