I WON!!!! I was very discouraged after talking to the surgery team Monday. They wanted Lukie to stay until he was at full feedings which would take months, years, or forever. The nurse knew I was upset and asked our Social Worker to come talk to me when I arrived Tuesday morning. Lucas also had GI testing done to see why he is not tolerating feedings. The social worker talked to the on call GI doc (my fav Dr. O'Gorman). She wanted to know what was going on, why I was upset. I explained to them what my feelings are. Dr. O'Gorman knew we could take good care of Lukie at home. We done several things with him at home. She felt there was no reason for us to stay at the hospital or even go to UVRMC. She made some changes, and said if everything goes well, we will be home on Thanksgiving. He has been throwing up today, so they will be watching him for the next 24 hours. So we definitely will be taking it hour by hour.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.
1 comment:
I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!! They are great doctors, and have a ton of knowledge, but ultimately moms and dads know and are lead by the spirit as to decisions they make for their children.........I am fully sure that Lucas will do so much better at home, with his family, a family routine, his brothers and especially mom and dad.........It's actually been proven that children, if they can go home, thrive much more and do much better at home...they just feel the love and comfort of their own surroundings........good luck...keep us posted...still, if it happens he has to stay one more day, your little family is welcome to have Thanksgiving Dinner with us...it's at 1pm ... we pray you will be home for Thanksgiving!!!! luv you guys!!
Post a Comment