Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What will Lukie do next?

Just when I thought I know Lukie well he surprised me again. I was changing his diaper. He had a blank stare on his face and not breathing, then his arm and leg started twitching. I jiggled him and called his name without response. I called the Doctor and he wanted to see him immediately. I got the kids in the van and picked up Jayden on the way. I was wondering why our van was driving funny. I got out in the freezing cold and realized I had a flat! I was wondering what the warning light on the dash was! Luckily we have road side assistance and an hour later we were on our way again. Dr. Later confirmed what I already thought that Lucas did have a seizure. The question is will he have more? We don't know. They thought it may have been caused by electrolytes being off in his TPN. But the electrolytes looked fine, so once again more questions! I had a choice to admit Luke and expose him to RSV or bring him home. I brought him home and he has been fine. On Monday we had another crazy appointment at PCMC and they made a bunch of changes because they are now worried about his liver. We didn't make this changes yet because the pharmacy messed up. I thought things were supposed get better but when????? I hope more seizures aren't in the future they are scary!

JR Missionary
A little air leak!

2 comments:

Schroeder's in a NUT SHELL! said...

Well...it looks as though you expect the unexpected with Lukie....never a dull moment and I bet at this point you are wishing for a dull moment....hang in there you're doing great!!

Alyse said...

I'm sorry you had a bad day, I'm sure that was a scary thing to see. As if you needed to have a flat tire on top of everything! You are my hero with your great attitude!