Lucas is taking one day at a time. He is still getting a lot of green bile from his NG tube which means things are not yet going through. Once the bile is gone and he poops we can slowly start feeding him Pedialyte. The Ostomy nurse train Mike and I on taking care of his ostomy today. It is something really different to get use to. Mike did the work today, I guess mine will come next time. We are all taking baby steps.



Today we overheard a surgeon talking to a group of Residents and Med Students about our little Lucas. He was telling them that something may be wrong with his nervous system. And as he walked away he said "I'm sorry there is nothing I can do to help". It is very hard to hear Doctors say they don't know what the next step is. We put our trust in the Doctors that they know every thing. We have done all we can in our power. We have taken him across the country to try to get our little guy some help. Yet they know no more than the doctors in Utah. If any one has connections to any miracle doctors please let us know! I don't know what God has planned for him. I don't know what the future holds. Just enjoy every day, every smile, every kiss. We enjoyed holding Isaac tonight listening to him sing songs from Preschool and reading books to us. Each day is a blessing with our four little boys. They grow up so fast, they are only a child once. Enjoy the good times and the bad times. Just go day by day. Enjoy today tomorrow will come, and who knows what tomorrow will bring.
Pictures Taken September 10th 2008


Today we overheard a surgeon talking to a group of Residents and Med Students about our little Lucas. He was telling them that something may be wrong with his nervous system. And as he walked away he said "I'm sorry there is nothing I can do to help". It is very hard to hear Doctors say they don't know what the next step is. We put our trust in the Doctors that they know every thing. We have done all we can in our power. We have taken him across the country to try to get our little guy some help. Yet they know no more than the doctors in Utah. If any one has connections to any miracle doctors please let us know! I don't know what God has planned for him. I don't know what the future holds. Just enjoy every day, every smile, every kiss. We enjoyed holding Isaac tonight listening to him sing songs from Preschool and reading books to us. Each day is a blessing with our four little boys. They grow up so fast, they are only a child once. Enjoy the good times and the bad times. Just go day by day. Enjoy today tomorrow will come, and who knows what tomorrow will bring.
Pictures Taken September 10th 2008
2 comments:
We have been where you are. Your right, one day at a time. Remember, no matter how crappy the day is to try & make it fun. And of course, just love him. Let him know & show him...all your babies! I need to remember that too:)! Hope I'm not driving you all crazy. Just think about you, your family & Lucas lots. He's in Noah & Morgan's prayers too:).
All your boys are so fun and are great kids. We love them so much. Stay strong and remember we are always here for you!!
Post a Comment