Lucas started refeeding today. He has a stoma that produces stool. And a mucous fistula that the doctors have placed a feeding tube in. Whatever comes out of the stoma they put in a syringe and tube feed the fistula. They are continuing continous feeding from the NG tube in his nose and fistula at 1 cc an hour. So his output is still more than his intake. We do not know how he is responding to lower feedings yet.

Hopefully we will know more by tomorrow. Everyone cross your fingers, toes, eyes, tongue, arms, legs and anything else you can cross for good luck! We were able to take Lucas for a walk around the hospital and he loved it! Jayden, Kaleb and Isaac have been awesome handling everything we love them! Thanks to everyone who has offered to help with them!
Lucas & Mom looking at fish!


5 comments:
I hope everything goes well with the "refeeding"! I'll keep everything crossed. Also, if that picture of him looking up from the stroller doesn't melt your heart I don't know what does!
Al, I also loved seeing the picture of your mom and sisters!
For sure everything is crossed!!! We are hoping for the best, he deserves a break, and so does dad and mom!! Oh, Kati is coming home for the weekend, she really wants to come see Lucas...so probably friday afternoon...I think I will bring Grandma too...let me know if it's ok....Love you guys
He's looking great! Love the picture in the stroller too! I know you all loved getting out on a walk together:). Our prayers are with you guys!
Your family is absolutely adorable, and Lucas is simply an angel. I'm sorry to hear about everything your family has been going through, you guys seem so strong - I don't know how you do it. Your story made me cry. Our prayers will always be with you!
Oh, Lucas is so adorable. I'm glad you are handling his trials so well. What a trooper! And your other boys are so big. It's so much fun to see them and you again. I'm excited to keep in touch with you. We have a blog too if you want to check it out. I guess you can just click on my name.
Post a Comment