Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Lucas Smiled - 9-24-08

Lucas smiled for the first time in a week and a half today. He is slowly making improvements. Lucas started continues feeding today. He receives 1 cc every hour. He been having too much output from his ostomy because the location is so high in his intestines he does not absorb a whole lot. So he gets dehydrated easily. The trick in feeding him is to feed him without dehydrating him. After time we may have to tube feed him through his lower stoma so he can absorb what he needs and not get dehydrated. We have to wait for his stoma to heal before we try this. So most likely we will be in the hospital longer that we were hoping for. Hopefully things will go smoothly with his feeding since he has feeding intolerance anyway. I feel like we are back at the beginning again with the opposite extreme.





Here is a video of my sister Melissa surprising us at the hospital Tuesday. She was hiding in the bathroom while her cute little girl was in the playroom next door.



Hair clips made from my sister, she also sales them and much more, here is a link to her online store. Lil' Tinkerbell Boutique

My grandma Bahrs sister in ICU at UVRMC after car accident.


Apparently the car was hit on the right side by a man going 50 miles an hour direct....Eva Jane has fx ribs both sides, colapsed lung, fx pelvis, vertebra in her neck, concussion,on and on...she will be in ICU for 3 wks, then moved...she is heavily sedated for the pain.
Here is a link for more info http://jaboyle.blogspot.com/2008/09/grandma-and-grandpa.html
Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

Staci said...

He is such a QT

carter said...

I love those pictures of lucas! Such a cute smile!!!!!

Kaci said...

Al and Mike, I just happened on to your blog! I can not believe everything you are going through right now. I wish there was something I could do. You are definitly in mine and my families prayers right now! And we are hoping Lucas is OK.

You're boys are adorable! I would love to talk to you sometime!

Annie said...

Thanks for your support with grandma. I hope everything goes well with little Lucas. We'll keep him in our prayers as well. He has such a sweet smile!